Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Monthly Writing Snippets



I love doing year-long projects that can be put together at the end of the year as a surprise for parents showcasing their child's work. So, I have a monthly writing idea that I use. I usually model it for all to see on my Elmo before handing it out. I like to explain each of the 3 sections so students understand what is expected. This can take 3 days to complete including the "decoration" of the sheet. The sections each include a different writing opportunity. Students know this "Snippet" will be displayed in the hallway. At the end of the month, they are taken down, stored until the end of the year when students will put them together in order, and we will bind them. Each Snippet gives students an opportunity to practice grammar and writing skills. They also require students to think about their response prior to writing. I take a writing grade each month from the Snippet sheet. These Snippets are intended to be quick-writes using 2-3 sentences.

You can find this product at both of my stores:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Imagination-Station-susan-Moon
http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/JazzyGrandma

Cheers,
Susan   

No comments:

Post a Comment